Hyaluronic Acid, also known as Hyaluronan, is a Glycosaminoglycan, a biopolymer that is naturally present in the human body and plays an essential role in several physiological functions.
Hyaluronic Acid has been used for many years as a raw material or ingredient for medical products. It is used as a dermal filler, protects eye tissues during ophthalmic surgery, is injected as a visco-supplement for osteoarthritis, is used for the surface coating of medical devices in surgery, and a wide range of additional applications. Its purity, molecular weight and resulting viscoelasticity are important parameters for its functionality. It can also be chemically modified for enhanced mechanical and biological properties.
Hyaluronic Acid produced by HTL is a product of non-animal, natural origin, obtained from a highly controlled manufacturing process performed in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities located in France. HTL uses only non-animal-derived materials.
HTL produces injectable grade Hyaluronan by fermentation of a natural Streptococcus equi strain, selected for its safety and capacity to produce Hyaluronic Acid with a high molecular weight. HTL’s proprietary downstream process allows the production of Hyaluronan fiber with an exceptionally low level of impurities. Gentle techniques are used, which maintain the biopolymers’ very high molecular weight when required.
- European monography: Sodium Hyaluronate (1472)
- Worldwide registrations:
- US Master Files
- EU Certificates of Suitability to the European Pharmacopoeia
- Japanese DMF
- Korean DMF
- Indian Registration Certificate
- Russian Normative Document
- HTL is compliant to GMP Part II. It has been inspected by ANSM and US FDA
- High purity level: HTL complies with the most stringent requirements in impurity levels (ions, proteins, nucleic acids, endotoxins). Impurity levels lower than the EP monograph are available on demand
- Excellent batch to batch consistency
- Superior stability resulting in long-lasting functionality in end products
The widest range of molecular weight on the market:
- Tailor-made products according to specific needs
- From very low to very high Molecular Weight (8 kDa to 4.5 MDa) and Intrinsic viscosity (0.1 to 3.8 m3/kg)
- Fiber form: ease of use, dissolution, functionality & stability
- Sodium hyaluronate form or other salts available on request
- Research grade Hyaluronan Oligosaccharides (5 to 70 kDa)
HTL also produces:
Technical grades for use in R&D and scale-up functions:
- TBA form
- 2H labeled
- 13C labeled
Modified Hyaluronic Acid: Tailor-made functionalized derivatives of Hyaluronic Acid by hydrazidation, epoxy grafting, sulfation, silylation, deacetylation, alkylation… Click here to learn more about Hyaluronic Acid derivatives.