HTL, a History of Transforming Lives
The history of HTL began with a small group of French pharmacists and chemists, inspired by the belief that the future of pharmaceutical products would rely on fermentation rather than animal extraction. HTL was launched in 1992 with the design of a new industrial process allowing Hyaluronic Acid to be produced by bacterial fermentation instead of being extracted from rooster combs, as was the case at that time. HTL rapidly specialized in the production of injectable grade Hyaluronic Acid as an API and has continued to invest in driving and supporting the growth of this market. Throughout the past decade, HTL has further diversified by developing other biopolymers as well as chemically modified derivatives. Now more than ever before, HTL, a world-leading sodium hyaluronate producer, is committed to building the biopolymer applications of tomorrow in the most advanced medical fields.
Facts and figures
Who we are
The #1 global provider of pharma-grade Hyaluronic Acid, with 30 years of expertise.
- 193 talented and passionate employees (as of March 2022)
- 15% of our workforce dedicated to our R&D laboratory and innovation partnerships
- Gender Professional Equality index: 88/100. How is it calculated?
All the activities of HTL are concentrated at its leading facility in Javené, France. We are connected to the world through our offices and network in Americas and Asia.
Javené facility at a glance
- R&D: 1000 m2 labs, 700 m2 pilot plants, 15 projects in external R&D pipeline
- 2 independent, GMP compliant production plants
- State-of-the-art facilities, controlled & flexible batch process
- Growing production capacity for sodium hyaluronate: 2.3x in 2021
- 100+ customers located in 30+ countries
- 75% of our production for export
- 100% healthcare applications
More than 400 million syringes containing HTL’s Hyaluronic Acid have been safely used.